Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Thanius_ For Sentry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanius_

Guardian

Current rank: Slicer

Which rank you are applying for: Sentry

What you think is expected of this rank: The most basic duty expected of a Sentry is to.. well, carry out their basic duties; moderating chat, watching out for rule breakers, keeping an eye on heated arguments between different players, giving trustworthy advice to new players, etc. But of course punishing and deciding yourself the correct punishment for the offence.

Whilst upholding the physical responsibilities of the role is very important it is also needed to have a certain attitude to the role, to acknowledge that you, whilst you might not have the actual title of one, are a server moderator. You are one of the people who represent the server and your actions, whilst not often, can have a big impact.

Both of these aside, perhaps the most important thing needed for a good Sentry is to enjoy the job, to have a good attitude to what you do and what you encounter throughout your time being a Sentry, whilst being strict is necessary, a person in power who has no sense of humour or no 'fun side' is not someone who should be in power, personally I enjoy a moderator who I can trust to have a good laugh with.

Why you think you should become this rank: I’d like to think that in my time on Loka I’ve contributed a lot; whilst I haven’t contributed through donations I’ve done my best to help with the development of the server and I believe that this shows my dedication. I’m aware that my 2 month break earlier this year may make some people doubt my dedication to Loka, but I hope that the work I’ve done for the server since, for example, the Halloween spawn and the builds I’m currently doing behind the scenes, have shown that I’m still dedicated. Besides the work that I’ve done for the server, I’d like to think that I understand the role of a Sentry well and I believe that I can fill the requirements of the position; I already have some experience in the role as I was a Sentry for a few months in the past and whilst I know that I didn't spend much time as a Sentry before I was promoted to Guardian, I feel as if I now know what is needed to be a good Sentry.

When you started playing on the server: I started to actively play on the server in December 2016.

Time zone: GMT

How often do you play (hours a day/week): I play for about 12 hours a week or more depending on how busy I am, this time also includes work I do for Loka (build teamwork, not town planning work).

Jammin_Mas

Slicer
If you don't mind me asking, but why did you decide to step down as a guardian if you planned on just reapplying for staff in the future?

Thanius_

Guardian
When I stepped down and left the server I wasn't really happy with being a Guardian, I felt as if what was happening at the time was being dealt with wrong and the fact that I couldn't do anything to help it was one of the big reasons I left. I now accept that the situation was kinda hard to know what was right to do to solve the problem and that the admins did their best. Currently I don't believe I'm worthy of being a Guardian, I don't think I was worthy back then, I'm not sure whether i want to be a Guardian in the future again but if I ever do I'll make sure it's when I feel I'm properly worthy of the role. I get that doesn't really answer the question but the reason I want to apply for Sentry now is because I want to start being able to help the server in more ways again, and I feel that I'm worthy for the role of Sentry. Thank you for asking this question :)

Jammin_Mas

Slicer
When I stepped down and left the server I wasn't really happy with being a Guardian, I felt as if what was happening at the time was being dealt with wrong and the fact that I couldn't do anything to help it was one of the big reasons I left. I now accept that the situation was kinda hard to know what was right to do to solve the problem and that the admins did their best. Currently I don't believe I'm worthy of being a Guardian, I don't think I was worthy back then, I'm not sure whether i want to be a Guardian in the future again but if I ever do I'll make sure it's when I feel I'm properly worthy of the role. I get that doesn't really answer the question but the reason I want to apply for Sentry now is because I want to start being able to help the server in more ways again, and I feel that I'm worthy for the role of Sentry. Thank you for asking this question :)
Thanks for replying! I’m going to +1 you are obviously very dedicated on the build team and have past staff experience. Best applicant for sentry IMO due to past work as one :)

Reddew98

Guardian
Thanius has experience and knowledge about the job at hand. He is a known and active member of the community and an amazing addition to the build team. He is willing to help at every corner and is always mature, respectful and helpful. There are no reasons I can think of that Thanius shouldn't get Sentry. Even though I feel as if it's redundant, it's a huge +1 from me.

AstriaS

Than is a good member of the Faith. And also good for other reasons too, as other people have already said. He gets this Archcanon's +1.

Status
Not open for further replies.