Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Thanius_ For Guardian

Thanius_

Sentry

Current rank: Sentry

Which rank you are applying for: Guardian

What you think is expected of this rank: It’s important to be a stern Guardian when it’s needed, for example, if you’re dealing with a constant rule breaker who’s disrespecting people, you need to be stern with the warnings and tell them the consequences if they continue to break the rules. It’s also really important to stay unbiased as a guardian, to make sure that you don’t make unfair judgements on people simply because of personal reasons, you’re still a guardian, and you must be a fair one. Whilst it’s important to do these two things in certain situations, it doesn’t mean to say you need to be stern in every situation as it’s also important to be fair and stern at all times. For instance, when deciding how to punish a player, you have to be firm with showing a limit to tolerance, especially when someone is consistently breaking the rules.

I think a lot is expected of Guardians: sometimes in Loka, you find yourself unable to play on the physical server; whilst this is the primary job of a Guardian, it doesn't mean you can't do your job. If you get to a point where you're unable to play on the server, you should spend more time monitoring and moderating the other forms of Loka: the discord server, the forums, or even just helping out with issues or debates in the admin channel in the Loka discord.

When you are consistently active on the server as a Guardian, you need to be aware of what’s happening whilst you play, whether that’s checking people out who have triggered the anti-cheat system or just monitoring chat like a Sentry would, it’s important to keep aware of what's happening around you to know the whole context of a situation if something suddenly occurs.

Whilst Guardians do have a lot of responsibilities on Loka, I do not think that their job is impossible, it can be hard sometimes and you might find yourself feeling bad about banning someone you know, but being a staff member doesn’t mean that you can’t also be a Loka player, you’re still the same person you are before you become a Guardian, and you’re still a real human, not just an automatic moderator who only knows the rules.

Why you think you should become this rank: The reason I think I’m eligible for this role is due to what I’ve done for the server and what I continue to do. This not only includes being a normal Sentry but stepping outside of the sentry boundaries and doing more than just moderation, this, of course, is building for me.

When I stepped down from being a Guardian it was for a lot of reasons, the main reasons I left are in my resignation post if you want to see them, but there are other reasons too that made me feel I should step down. One of these was that I felt I wasn’t confident in my decisions as a Guardian and that I didn’t understand the sentry role before I became a Guardian, whereas now I feel that I understand the role better and the consequences that people should face when breaking rules, and I no longer hesitate to act when people break the rules.

Another part of why I left was that I felt I didn’t know a lot of the community. As a Guardian, I feel as if a part of what’s needed is to be involved with the community as much as you can be, but when I was a Guardian barely anyone knew who I was. This might just sound like me wanting fame, but it’s not. When you’re a Guardian, I feel like it’s important that people know they can come to you if they have an issue.

I think that a large thing needed to become a Guardian is proof that you’re not just a moderator or just a player, to show your ability to do more than just play and be a staff member, for me, like I said, this is building for the server, there isn’t much of what I’ve built for the server live on Loka currently, this is due to it just, not being completed, however, This doesn't mean I have no work that's on the server, for instance, a large part of the war district was made by me, I’ve worked on the Halloween spawn and the Christmas spawn and made the BEST duelling arena <o/. Putting the work that I’ve completed so far aside, I’m working on a lot more builds than I’ve already done for Loka, and I hope that these builds show that I’m willing to go the extra mile for Loka and that I’m dedicated to the server.

When you started playing on the server: December 10-20th 2016 (not sure on the actual date due to joining 2 years prior to this)

Time zone: GMT

How often do you play (hours a day/week): I tend to play for about 20-30ish hours a week, depending on how busy I am, this includes build-team work and personal builds for Loka on different servers I use to plan builds.

A Small Note:

I know that some people might be worried that I’m not ready to be a Guardian again, but I want to assure people that I am, I’ve taken a lot of time to consider applying and it’s not just a spur of the moment thing. I sincerely believe I’m ready to take on the extra responsibility, and I hope that you all feel the same as I do, thank you for reading, I know this is a fairly long read, have a good day, if you have any questions feel free to ask, hope you enjoy your stay :D

Last edited:

FamilyTuber

+1 I have much respect for someone who steps down from a higher role. That shows great integrity when someone is willing to step down to learn. I can see that he's taken the time to really invest himself and I support that! Best wishes!

Xlan

okay so thanius is pretty cool and all but DANG DOES HE SUCK COMPARED TO JTHEBOOKWORM....

Also +1 good

Last edited: