Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Possibly Nova's Last Appeal?

If you don't feel like replying, just vote here.

• Neutral, i have no strong feelings one way or the other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew_doc

I don't really come onto the forums much but here's my once in a blue moon post. I have known Nova for quite a while and in the past taking in some of the things that we have both said I tend to have a very negative opinion of him but I will sweep that aside for this to be as objective because i'm guilty of in the past of being salty and toxic too. Heck, I still can be toxic and salty at times but I try to not do that to the best of my ability, but nobody is perfect.
Objective
Nova was banned for what I knew as death threats. He also confirms that this happened.
As I got banned for toxicity, misconduct in chat, and death threats, not hacking.
Threatening someone's life is no laughing matter obviously but people can redeem themselves from having done such an action. However this is not simply a one time thing that has happened. You have been banned multiple times in the past. Once for killing pets, once for exploitation of a server's mechanic, and again for, in your own words from the desire post, bullying, death threats, and severely trash talking another player. You did actually however garner quite a bit of support in your last ban appeal titled: "I don't know how else to put say this except this way." In this you did seem to genuinely have a lot of support as said before and good faith from the community to support you yet in this however with things that have come up such as the video in which to my knowledge you insulting Loka and it's community. With the previous bans and the video and all of that it seems like you changing is merely a facade. Never the less you do also admit to hacking on another server, Dracolegend to be exact. While we cannot say that you should stay banned directly to this due to the nature of you saying it in the present tense we can assume that you could potentially still be.
Opinion
Considering that it seems you've relapsed/ put on a facade about getting better most of the time I would say that you really aren't in a state that should be let back onto the server. Still despite also being staff on one server you admit to hacking on another. You also stated that you could bring people over from the other server and considering that it's been said to not advertise on another server in chat I would say that you would be abusing your power, taking people from the server you are staff on and bringing them to Loka. All in all I would say that due to repeated behavior that has gotten you banned multiple times, hacking on another server, and the fact that you would advertise on another server, which you pointed out in your ban appeal to this server, I don't think you've actually matured or grown from being banned. With this all in mind I would have to give a -1.
TLDR: -1

TeraMarie

I have a lot of personal feelings about this, most of which I won’t spend the time sharing because it wouldn’t make a difference whether or not I said them.

Throughout the almost three years I’ve been on the server, I have never met someone who was able to disregard other people’s feelings and emotions like you have nova. Just the fact that you would stoop so low as to threaten players with their lives, and the fact that you had to spend you time bullying and harassing players just shows that you shouldn’t be on the server.

Your track record is not a good one, and coming from a person who has been heavily bullied on the server and am still here, it shows that you really don’t give a crap. You posting constantly on a server about rejoining because of your own “growth” and the fact that you have “spent enough time away to change” just shows that you don’t listen to authority either. You were banned for the safety of other players, both mentally and emotionally. I don’t think that 8 months is long enough for someone to be banned for threatening someone’s life.

I don’t believe you deserve to ever be on this server ever again.

-1, and every post you will ever put on the forums for your unbanning will always be -1.

NerdieBirdieYT

Side thought after reading the previous two posts...

We as humans mess up, sometimes horribly. Everyone CAN change, however, there are consequences for past actions. I do hope that everyone affected by Nova can eventually forgive him and not hold a grudge.

@NovaSolux . If the ban is undone, the community needs to see how much you’ve changed. I’d encourage you, if you really have changed, to make a point of being as supportive and kind as you can to those you hurt.

If the ban does NOT get removed, then prove your change of heart anyway by respecting this community in all your interactions with it. Move on to another server or another game or whatever you want, but let this be a lesson, let this teach you and grow you as a person. If you’ve really changed, the decision about this ban should not undo the good character you claim to have now.

Growing is a lifelong process.

TeraMarie

Side thought after reading the previous two posts...

We as humans mess up, sometimes horribly. Everyone CAN change, however, there are consequences for past actions. I do hope that everyone affected by Nova can eventually forgive him and not hold a grudge.

@NovaSolux . If the ban is undone, the community needs to see how much you’ve changed. I’d encourage you, if you really have changed, to make a point of being as supportive and kind as you can to those you hurt.

If the ban does NOT get removed, then prove your change of heart anyway by respecting this community in all your interactions with it. Move on to another server or another game or whatever you want, but let this be a lesson, let this teach you and grow you as a person. If you’ve really changed, the decision about this ban should not undo the good character you claim to have now.

Growing is a lifelong process.
Although yes people can change, all of us have changed throughout our times on this server and in our daily lives, but when you do something so bad as to hurt another human being, and then expect everyone to forgive you, how is it change?? Why constantly try to come back to a place where you were toxic and hurting players? Move on and leave.

The fact that you have yet to be unbanned should show you that you are yet to be trusted with players on the server, new, old, young, or older.

Stop wasting the time of posting a ban appeal and play other servers. You are staff on others, stop trying to come back somewhere where you hurt people.

NerdieBirdieYT

Although yes people can change, all of us have changed throughout our times on this server and in our daily lives, but when you do something so bad as to hurt another human being, and then expect everyone to forgive you, how is it change?? Why constantly try to come back to a place where you were toxic and hurting players? Move on and leave.

The fact that you have yet to be unbanned should show you that you are yet to be trusted with players on the server, new, old, young, or older.

Stop wasting the time of posting a ban appeal and play other servers. You are staff on others, stop trying to come back somewhere where you hurt people.
We all hurt people more often than we realize. To admit fault and ask for forgiveness is hard to do. Nova has done so; whether genuine or not I don’t know.

As I said before, I don’t know much about Nova or his actions, and I don’t really have an opinion on his ban. I do hope that everyone involved can have an open mind and heart, including Nova himself. :)

TeraMarie

+1, way too long for what he did. One more chance and then he gets permanently banned forever. Silver and I talked about his ban in Discord. Not very long but still. He made some good points and turned my neutral to a positive.
Did you ever meet or play with him?

Grubul

I completely agree

Silver91105

Did you ever meet or play with him?
Does he need to? He has been banned for a long time and has hopefully learned his lesson.
It has been 8 months since my ban in october of 2018
Also, let's remember what Obstinance said
Let's all remember I am human and I can be wrong.
I agree with this, but guess who is also human? Nova! We should all forgive humans for their mistakes. We ALL make them!!
From Nova and his death threats.
To me and my profanity and slurs.
To even you Obstinance and making fun of Galaxy.

We all remember all these incidents but have forgiven them. Except for Nova! Sure he has made more mistakes than the average person, but like Obstinance said WE ALL MESS UP
Nova could have changed. Not only could have. HAS! He is trying to prove that he has. Let's let him prove himself one last time. He even says what has changed about him.
I've learned not to have deep burning hatred for anyone who even are only enemies with me in the game, and have no ill feelings for me in real life and would not harm me or my loved ones, however i was the type to be the one to do that.
I've learned to forget and forgive, and not to hold grudges for eternity which some people have done to me, but i eventually forgot and forgave them for it.

I've learned to be less persistent and obnoxious to the people around me, and to respect personal space and boundaries, if they tell me stop, i shall do as they say and please.
But in the past months deep down, i still want to return to loka, even if it hasn't been the top of my interest lately, and even though i have hobbies to keep me busy that are not loka.

But none of them gave me the joy that loka gave me ever since i joined, to up until my ban.
I've never lead something like my own nation before, and it felt so thrilling, awesome, excruciating, terrible, and i loved every second of it, i've made a legacy on loka and i don't want to leave it all behind, i don't want it to be set in stone and have no chance of redemption again, i still want to have another go at this server.
Because now as a man with nothing to lead, and nothing to invest time into and keep running, and to use to give the new arrivals refuge.
It's time for Nova's return. His LAST CHANCE. Let him have it, and @NovaSolux if you get it. Don't screw up. Or its bye bye.

PartayMario

+1. because i can. Nova is a V ER Y NI C E player.
He learn his mistake. Get him unbanned. IF he becomes toxic, or starts using hacks, we ban. yes very nice simple indeed get nova unbanned thank you. Also i will tip $0.69 ez gg $0.69 computer just foruuouou UWU Yayayyayayayayyayayayaya. But seriously, get him unbanned

Last edited:

Obstinance

Does he need to? He has been banned for a long time and has hopefully learned his lesson.

I agree with this, but guess who is also human? Nova! We should all forgive humans for their mistakes. We ALL make them!!

We all remember all these incidents but have forgiven them. Except for Nova! Sure he has made more mistakes than the average person, but like Obstinance said WE ALL MESS UP
Nova could have changed. Not only could have. HAS! He is trying to prove that he has. Let's let him prove himself one last time. He even says what has changed about him.

It's time for Nova's return. His LAST CHANCE. Let him have it, and @NovaSolux if you get it. Don't screw up. Or its bye bye.
Bro what the heck this isn't about me heck off

I also don't know how you can compare cussing and jokes to death threats. Earlier I said it doesn't matter what other people do because it's Nova's appeal and not everybody else's. Saying other people do bad things means nothing.

Last edited:

TeraMarie

I’m sorry but the fact that he has already had multiple chances comes to show that he goes back to his normal ways. He doesn’t deserve a “last chance”. He’s had enough chances.

Obstinance

+1. because i can. Nova is a V ER Y NI C E player.
He learn his mistake. Get him unbanned. IF he becomes toxic, or starts using hacks, we ban. yes very nice simple indeed get nova unbanned thank you. Also i will tip $0.69 ez gg $0.69 computer just foruuouou UWU Yayayyayayayayyayayayaya. But seriously, get him unbanned
OwO

Magpieman

Administrator
Staff member
Old One
At this moment in time we will not be revoking the ban. Since your last appeal there has been plenty of evidence brought to light, which indicate you have not changed or learnt like you claim you have. Actions speak far louder than words.

We will never ban players on Loka for actions outside of our servers/platforms with the exception of bullying. However when looking at ban appeals this is all we can take into account. We must consider the length of time that has passed and whether evidence shows that you have changed your behaviour and character. While we like and appreciate players bringing new people to Loka, these kinds of things should never influence a ban appeal.

For us to consider letting you return to Loka in the future you must prove to us through actions, not just words, that you have changed for the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.