Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

NerdieBirdieYT for Sentry

NerdieBirdieYT

I am currently 17, and will be turning 18 in April!

Current rank:
Slicer

Which rank you are applying for:
Sentry

What you think is expected of this rank:
First and foremost, I believe the duty of a Sentry is to be a friendly and helpful face on the server chat, Discord, and forums. These are the people who know their stuff, the people who really care about the server and its well-being, and the people who are willing to answer questions. They must, therefore, have a strong knowledge of the server and how it operates. In order to shine a positive light on the community, Slicers should be active members of the community, often playing the server, talking in chat/Discord, and reading over the forums.

What differentiates Sentries from Slicers can be summed up in one word: responsibility. If Slicers are outstanding members of the community, then Sentries are outstanding and mature members of the community. With the ability to kick, mute, and ban, comes a personal responsibility to use that power wisely. A good Sentry cannot be overly prone to anger, but also must be willing to take action against those who blatantly disregard the server rules.

Why you think you should become this rank:
I’m not going to pretend like I have a good grasp on coding, or that I’ve been a Lokan for ages. What sets me apart from others, some of which may have been here longer, is my absolute commitment to Loka. Loka is the only server I play aside from the occasional minigame. Since the day I brought NerdNation to Loka, I’ve given countless tours explaining features to our new members. I love that part of owning a Town - guiding the new players and helping them understand this amazing server. As such, I wrote my own Starter Guide, which I know has been useful to many new Lokans.

I am undoubtedly known best for my YouTube series on Loka. It’s not the fact that I create videos here that I want to stress, but rather the dedication I have proven through my multiple series. From the concept of Loka News Network, to the well-received pilot of Loka: Adventuer’s Guide, to my numerous live-streams, to the (currently) 28-episode-long Let’s Play, I have not only produced videos but directly demonstrated my passion for Loka. Believe me, I would not make 30 videos on a server I didn’t love.

I believe the things that most qualify me for this position lie inside my personality. I try to be as light and friendly as possible, avoiding arguments or hate-speech. I love to make people happy, and I love to be silly. As we all know, staff members being silly is a requirement for handling Opycs. I firmly believe in being friendly and helpful; that’s just part of who I am. That’s why my YouTube channel is light and fun, that’s why I love leading NerdNation. It’s just who I am.

When you started playing on the server:
May 14, 2018 was when I first joined. I started actually playing as of July 20, 2018.

Time zone:
EST

How often do you play (hours a day/week):
This varies a lot, as I do unfortunately have school and work, but I would estimate around 18 hours a week.

FamilyTuber

+1 Seeing this actually puts me through a whirlwind of emotion. My gosh, it's been two years since I've known Nerdie and it makes me so proud to see him make it this far! It's really awe-inspiring to see someone not quite sure in themselves grow and become someone who knows what they're capable of. Someone who isn't scared to take on the world and be a light for others. Heck, when we were first looking for a new server to join for NN Nerdie thought Loka was too complicated. Now, he's applying for a staff role! I've been with him on this whole journey of NN and it's something truly magical. It's been an adventure of growth for the two of us and the whole group. This. This is something I'll never forget. I fully believe he's capable of this role and that he'll do everything in his power to be the best he can be! He's a role model and one who would represent Loka exceptionally! :D

NerdieBirdieYT

+1 Seeing this actually puts me through a whirlwind of emotion. My gosh, it's been two years since I've known Nerdie and it makes me so proud to see him make it this far! It's really awe-inspiring to see someone not quite sure in themselves grow and become someone who knows what they're capable of. Someone who isn't scared to take on the world and be a light for others. Heck, when we were first looking for a new server to join for NN Nerdie thought Loka was too complicated. Now, he's applying for a staff role! I've been with him on this whole journey of NN and it's something truly magical. It's been an adventure of growth for the two of us and the whole group. This. This is something I'll never forget. I fully believe he's capable of this role and that he'll do everything in his power to be the best he can be! He's a role model and one who would represent Loka exceptionally! :D
Thanks so much Tuby <3 Crazy to think it's been that long already!

Mr_Void99

"Sentries are outstanding and mature members of the community"
Very true :)
I think that Nerdie deserves this rank 100.3% :D
+1