Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

I don't like this community

Defgnww

I don't play so my opinion doesn't matter but I'm giving it anyway

For years this community has kind of been not great. Everytime I come around I feel very unwelcome. I hate how cliquey it feels. Can't really express it better than that

_Adzy

Have you asked around for towns? There was a lot of fighting happening recently and that could’ve caused a bit of a pause in recruiting but I’m sure if you played a little more you’ll be welcomed into a town! :D

koi0001

Yeah honestly I think I kind of get your frustrations. Unfortunately sometimes it feels like you're in an echo chamber because a lot of players feel like this.

From my perspective it's really not the servers fault. If you wanted to have a sense of comradary on Loka I kind of feel as if you have to PVP and grind alongside people. Neutral communities do exist but sadly they consistently die out within a couple months.

If you really wanted to feel as if you were a part of a clique or welcome then in a lot of scenarios you have to bring something to the table and go out of your way to join the VC's of your group.

My experience is unique to me of course and everyone will have a different one. My take away is that to get the best experience of Loka you have to jump in head first and PVP.

If you wish to continue best of luck; sometimes it's more fun to be a member of a town.

Grubul

Defgnww you have been playing since i think 2012, or something like that.

and i completley understand you man. Too many egocentrical weak shelled people that get offended by everything, yet will push their own agenda. Wont trust anyone enough.
If you are avarage or bad in pvp, you wont win any friends, for only those pvp people are respected.

Minecraft pvp sucks anyway.

NerdieBirdieYT

Defgnww you have been playing since i think 2012, or something like that.

and i completley understand you man. Too many egocentrical weak shelled people that get offended by everything, yet will push their own agenda. Wont trust anyone enough.
If you are avarage or bad in pvp, you wont win any friends, for only those pvp people are respected.

Minecraft pvp sucks anyway.
I dunno I mean I suck at PvP and I'm by no means a fantastic person but I've gotten to be friends with some really cool people

Castalina

*********WARNING THIS REPLY DOES NOT HOLD ALL THE FACTS; NOR DO I CLAIM TO BE 100% CORRECT. SO PLEASE DONT DISECT THIS POST AND ROAST THIS WITH REPLIES. THANK YOU. IM SIMPLY TRYING TO HELP.*********

Oohh this statement is very.... interesting and I have so MUCH to say but ill try to keep this short. I feel two ways about this honestly. In a way, not that Loka purposely means this but the only way for you to really be respected on the world stage is PvP ability. I mean that's how most towns who are powerful gain the reputation they have, which is not their fault but it plays at a heavy advantage as they tend to have the most influences, and most powerful alliances. For example;

Silverhand - A renowned kingdom that has heavy dominance on the battlefield and has remained as the most consistent capital of Kalros since the end days of Asmund; took down Arvik and the Asmund alliance (don't quote me on that) and overall has one of the most unquestioned armies Loka has seen to date. The leader of Iblis; MrP owns the empire that relays throughout Loka influentially, politically and economically and aligned heavily to the Covenant as they are allies.

Eldritch - If not the most powerful and wealthiest kingdom in all of Lokan history; is led by one of the best pvpers I have ever seen; Skuhoo (personally). Leader of the most powerful and wealthiest alliance and ruled 3/4 of Ascalon single handedly with the help of their allied counterparts who are also very good at pvp. Leader of Covenant; an empire that relays undoubtfully throughout Loka influentially, politically and economically.

Dong Dank - One of the most influential roleplaying towns I have seen on Loka which can arguably be rivaled to Arvik and Auru. This town has Pvp capability with good pvpers but they aren't a Silverhand or Eldritch. This town is beyond wealthy, and influential. They owned Garama and to majority of the people on Loka who has played for quite some time, looks to this town as the historical rightful ruler of Garama. It will simply always be that way. (Debatable but that's my personal thesis) This town was leader of the former Garaman Federation, this kingdom led an empire that relays throughout Loka influentially, politically and economically. They were rivaled to the two most powerful empires, Covenant and Iblis. (Both of which still have an iron fist in their realms)

(Very Controversial but ive seen it happen so many times) As a builder, roleplayer, horrible pvper, and a decent person (depends who you talk to) then yes the society is more heavily slanted towards PvP. I strongly believe that everyone could be a Dong Dank. They aren't gloriously outstanding at Pvp but they have a healthy balance of both roleplay too. You can gain power by influence and words in this game, like how Dong Dank united Garama by their words. This was done again recently by a player known as; DecieftfulPear. However that's very hard to in this game as it doesn't give much room for you since you have to contest with many pvpers.

Valinor was a kingdom that can give you hope too. I started it with Zor which was originally named Ouroboros. Its society was very loud in the public. This town didn't have the best pvpers but it kind of followed under the inspiration of a Dong Dank ran society inspired by how they operate. Later down the line Valinor who was led by Sparky and their main ally Jotun defeated the Covenant at the end of the third age before Conquest 3.0 came out . They became capitol of Ascalon. However the alliance between Vainor and Jotun was prematurely set up which led to its downfall since they didn't have a firm foundation before the war started.

For my sake. I build. I built to my hearts content. I've built in Minecraft since 2013. In this game I like politics, I like every aspect of this server and roleplay spices it up too. However it is a challenge to get power because I myself aren't good at leading armies, wars, or fighting at that. I build, and follow in the footsteps as others on how they got power without having a massive army. I spent 7 months building a town by myself and working on another now (I don't plan on moving).

Needless to say, the server is one unlike any other. It doesn't give much room for us roleplayers; pvpers; or whatever to get power if we are bad at pvp. Its just a lot harder to get the job done since you are competing against kingdoms that don't need to rely on politics to get to power really. If they have the power they can simply take it. Covenant and Iblis have their own community subranched into Loka from what I have seen. As someone who has insight on this society I can understand what you mean on feeling closed out in a way. They are a very tight nit group but they are also very welcoming to outsiders. That's basically every alliance and or kingdom on Loka, which is an endless network of subranched societies. The public has some helpers but everyone really stays to their group. However if you are new we do try to help best we can to get you the best start possible.

So in a nut shell Loka is Loka. Loka will evolve and open up opportunities to the poorer side of pvpers. I believe they will. With small towns wanting power who cant pvp; in a time like this you have alot of work to do, so don't give up hope just yet. Excuse the rant please lol, I really hope this helped.

Jedoi

Guardian
I'm going to have to take a stark opposition on this one. You know how bad I am at PvP, Grub, and you took me into Auru. You accepted me as a friend. So has every other friend I've ever had on here. They all knew I was bad at PvP, and they accepted and loved me anyway. I've had a lot of friends, and as many have come, many have gone. Now for a good while I wasn't respected at all. I was a stupid 12 year old that lots of people laughed at, but most of those same people seemed to like me. Because I was nice. I still try to be nice, though it's harder with the relative cynicism gained over the past six years.

On the opposite side, I remember when EastBowman, the best PvPer on the server, and just a kid like I was, was one of if not the most hated player on the server. Same went for Sku. (With the exception of their town and friend group, of course.) I would definitely argue that people who suck at PvP have more friends than the PvP gods. Because anyone who fought them lost, and it was frustrating. I know this isn't on topic for the thread but I just wanted to point out how I find this statement incorrect.

And for the topic of the thread: Loka has had a better community in the past. But it's also had much, much worse. I only came back recently, and I feel like a bit of an outsider outside my own town and the few people I still know. I've been trying to get to know people again, without much success. (I tried to learn about people on this thread, but got mostly meme responses.) So, I don't know how to get involved again. I'm just doing what I've always done and played the game, and find out who people are the hard way. (For example, I was just raided by several people I don't know. That's a fun first impression. :p Oh well, part of the game.)

Although I have noticed a lack of people welcoming new players and helping them out. It may just be when I'm on, but c'mon guys, we can do better than that.

As far as cliques go... Loka has always been that way imo. At least, most people seem to want to expand their friend groups and let more people in, but idk. Maybe it's just me since I live in such a quiet town and am lonely. Who knows.

TLDR: If you're bad at PvP but nice, people mostly like you. If you're the best PvPer on the server, regardless of how nice you are, you will be hated. On the thread's subject, it's not the best community but not the worst. Learn about people by interacting with them. Also, not very many people have been helping new players.

Evil_X

The second I joined Loka I had people from everywhere trying to help me out, I was spoilt for choice. I'm even worst than Thanius at PVP but I found a place where I can play Loka and not have to be good at PVP, I spend my time exploring for pets, finding somewhere to explore to see the history of Loka or just building and while this server could do with more non PVP things (which are being worked on) you can definitely find a community without conquest or being good at PVP.

_Adzy

*********WARNING THIS REPLY DOES NOT HOLD ALL THE FACTS; NOR DO I CLAIM TO BE 100% CORRECT. SO PLEASE DONT DISECT THIS POST AND ROAST THIS WITH REPLIES. THANK YOU. IM SIMPLY TRYING TO HELP.*********

Oohh this statement is very.... interesting and I have so MUCH to say but ill try to keep this short. I feel two ways about this honestly. In a way, not that Loka purposely means this but the only way for you to really be respected on the world stage is PvP ability. I mean that's how most towns who are powerful gain the reputation they have, which is not their fault but it plays at a heavy advantage as they tend to have the most influences, and most powerful alliances. For example;

Silverhand - A renowned kingdom that has heavy dominance on the battlefield and has remained as the most consistent capital of Kalros since the end days of Asmund; took down Arvik and the Asmund alliance (don't quote me on that) and overall has one of the most unquestioned armies Loka has seen to date. The leader of Iblis; MrP owns the empire that relays throughout Loka influentially, politically and economically and aligned heavily to the Covenant as they are allies.

Eldritch - If not the most powerful and wealthiest kingdom in all of Lokan history; is led by one of the best pvpers I have ever seen; Skuhoo (personally). Leader of the most powerful and wealthiest alliance and ruled 3/4 of Ascalon single handedly with the help of their allied counterparts who are also very good at pvp. Leader of Covenant; an empire that relays undoubtfully throughout Loka influentially, politically and economically.

Dong Dank - One of the most influential roleplaying towns I have seen on Loka which can arguably be rivaled to Arvik and Auru. This town has Pvp capability with good pvpers but they aren't a Silverhand or Eldritch. This town is beyond wealthy, and influential. They owned Garama and to majority of the people on Loka who has played for quite some time, looks to this town as the historical rightful ruler of Garama. It will simply always be that way. (Debatable but that's my personal thesis) This town was leader of the former Garaman Federation, this kingdom led an empire that relays throughout Loka influentially, politically and economically. They were rivaled to the two most powerful empires, Covenant and Iblis. (Both of which still have an iron fist in their realms)

(Very Controversial but ive seen it happen so many times) As a builder, roleplayer, horrible pvper, and a decent person (depends who you talk to) then yes the society is more heavily slanted towards PvP. I strongly believe that everyone could be a Dong Dank. They aren't gloriously outstanding at Pvp but they have a healthy balance of both roleplay too. You can gain power by influence and words in this game, like how Dong Dank united Garama by their words. This was done again recently by a player known as; DecieftfulPear. However that's very hard to in this game as it doesn't give much room for you since you have to contest with many pvpers.

Valinor was a kingdom that can give you hope too. I started it with Zor which was originally named Ouroboros. Its society was very loud in the public. This town didn't have the best pvpers but it kind of followed under the inspiration of a Dong Dank ran society inspired by how they operate. Later down the line Valinor who was led by Sparky and their main ally Jotun defeated the Covenant at the end of the third age before Conquest 3.0 came out . They became capitol of Ascalon. However the alliance between Vainor and Jotun was prematurely set up which led to its downfall since they didn't have a firm foundation before the war started.

For my sake. I build. I built to my hearts content. I've built in Minecraft since 2013. In this game I like politics, I like every aspect of this server and roleplay spices it up too. However it is a challenge to get power because I myself aren't good at leading armies, wars, or fighting at that. I build, and follow in the footsteps as others on how they got power without having a massive army. I spent 7 months building a town by myself and working on another now (I don't plan on moving).

Needless to say, the server is one unlike any other. It doesn't give much room for us roleplayers; pvpers; or whatever to get power if we are bad at pvp. Its just a lot harder to get the job done since you are competing against kingdoms that don't need to rely on politics to get to power really. If they have the power they can simply take it. Covenant and Iblis have their own community subranched into Loka from what I have seen. As someone who has insight on this society I can understand what you mean on feeling closed out in a way. They are a very tight nit group but they are also very welcoming to outsiders. That's basically every alliance and or kingdom on Loka, which is an endless network of subranched societies. The public has some helpers but everyone really stays to their group. However if you are new we do try to help best we can to get you the best start possible.

So in a nut shell Loka is Loka. Loka will evolve and open up opportunities to the poorer side of pvpers. I believe they will. With small towns wanting power who cant pvp; in a time like this you have alot of work to do, so don't give up hope just yet. Excuse the rant please lol, I really hope this helped.
I’m just going to like the post because I can’t be bothered reading all of that :D :p

Mrpisquallie

A lot of good thoughts on this wall so I'll try to make mine short. In Loka, like anywhere else in life, you have to choose the kind of person/player you are going to be and need to be able to express that so that others have the opportunity to know and respect you.

There are so many people I have come into contact with on the server that I have truly enjoyed. Maybe my favorite to talk about is the wizarding teepot himself. He is the perfect example of someone who found his nitch and runs with it. He can't fight to save his life, but was one of the most respected and valued members of my alliance when we were in the first Balak wars. Tee is a writer, a grinder, and probably the most considerate guy on the server. I know this because he expresses it through posts on this forum, in public chat in game, and in personal chats we have had. Since he could not make much of an impact swinging a sword he began to brew potions and fund our expedition that way. He helped me write most of the lore that I used for many of my members when we were trying to decide what we wanted to be about. He has always been welcoming of newer players and helped them interact with the mechanics of Loka in a meaningful way. Tee found how he could make an impact and took steps to ensure that his impact was felt and he was celebrated for that, and he is one of many that I could point out.

My point here is that you don't have to swing a sword to belong to a group of people on Loka, you just need to decide what kinda person you wanna be and pick a group to hang out with, or start your own. Don't try to be the next Skuhoo, Archersquid, or the ever so "wealthy" Masonmcbadbat. Just be yourself and let some people get to know you. I have had so many enemies turned good friends on this server it's actually kind of ridiculous so hearing this kind of perspective is puzzling and interesting to me. The cliques I have been apart of have grown and changed tremendously over the years, several of my old allies are enemies and vice versa. I'm not putting blame on you, but I do wonder about the ways you have let yourself be known on the server and what kind of attempts at comradery you have made. If you have been rejected by people on the server, that sucks and I am sorry for that. To form relationships and have a sense of community it takes real effort on your part for sure. The other side of that coin is doing it with people that are a good fit for you, I hope you find those in Loka in the future.

Wizardteepot

Guardian
he began to brew potions and fund our expedition that way.
Jed recently asked me to make a motto for our alchemist's guild, and what I've come up with is "Beside every successful warrior is an even stronger brewer."

(Looks at the 100+ shulkers of potions I recently brewed in 3 days for Silverhand and Auru for the last day of July Conquest)

Tee is a writer
Next GHT chapter should be out within the next week or so! Such a terribly long wait >.>

the most considerate guy on the server
I was always taught that it never took much to simply be nice to each other, and the "Golden Rule" that was drilled into every kindergartners' head really stuck with me growing up. I have a lot of people to thank for being so nice to me when I first joined the Lokan community, and I made it a goal of mine to pay that respect forward to newcomers, other players, even my enemies! As Mr P said, and in the words of my favorite support from League, "Today we might each other; tomorrow, we may fight together."

I'll leave you all with this: Cast brings up an interesting point, that Loka is geared towards PvP players when utilizing the Conquest mechanic, but "PvP'ers" only receive respect or hatred from those that tell their stories. From making diplomatic deals with the big power houses on your continent (I.E. me trying to convince both Hilo and Silverhand to allow Auru to chop down Spruce Wood in exchange for a shulker of spruce to each town a day...which I didn't exactly hold up to, but ended up joining Iblis anyways. Good business deal for the long run, imo), to just being the little guy and appreciating lore, or the smaller aspects of Loka, such as the community (which I think is splendid if you really put yourself out there!) or even building your town, you can only ever get out of Loka (as with most things in life) what you put into it. (You reap what you sow) I do hope everyone finds that one thing that keeps them happy, and can help them integrate themselves, following their passions (Alchemy and Writing for me) or exploring new hobbies (a little building from time to time for me).

Also, thanks for the shout out, MrP ;)