Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

EastBowmen for Slicer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronshaud

Slicer
East has been around for a long time. I knew he had a recent ban back in Decemeber which lasted from the 20th-27th. He was banned for PvP logging which he still regrets. He was stuck in PorpoisePavillions for 3ish hours trying to negotiate with Cuyoya during this time. Before he PvP logged, a player by the name of MongoelSpeed(or something like that) was coming towards him when he logged out. After the ban, he has had a clean record and says he continues to keep that clean record. EastBowmen lives in Dragonstone and is one of the trusted members who is also a good Lieutenant. He should get Slicer unless some of you choose otherwise :)

#EastBowmen2015Slicer

Leasaur

Slicer
He's been temp-banned on the EastBowmen account and permanently on his alt, FireBallXplod for PvP hacks. Last time we made a promotion thread, he got temp-banned shortly after. I don't think he should be Slicer, he's got a bad record.

MasterAegon

Slicer
He's shaped up. He has my vote but I'm waiting for the hate mail. His PvP has caused a lot of people to despise him and he'll continuously be berated because of mistakes made. I punished his very existence for a long time after he messed up following the arguments I had defending him. The fact that he has stayed and made it a point to walk the line since then speaks volumes.

Many people who have been banned have been promoted to slicer and some are even staff, so the excuse that he's done wrong in the past isn't entirely valid now. It holds little weight for simple fact that if everyone was judged on their mistakes then we'd have few players, fewer slicers, and minimal staff. I've said this time and again.

+1

Ronshaud

Slicer
FireBallXplod for PvP hacks.
  • Was his friends account
  • No longer has access to that account
  • Has changed since that ban on FireBallXplod

Him being "temp banned" for PvP Logging shouldn't really count if it was 4 months ago IMO. And when he was using that FireBallXplod account, that was back in 2013 sometime around December I think.

Leasaur

Slicer
My opinion still stands. I haven't seen any improvement that would merit a Slicer promotion. And the FireBallXplod account was used mid-2014, not end of 2013

Ronshaud

Slicer
- Slicers should have decent server experience and played on the server for a long time.
- Plays on a regular basis
- Be active in the community, talk in chat, help out others, use forums.
- Good server knowledge
- Knows all the rules well

Even though his past is fatal.. He should still get slicer for understanding the server's rules and being here long enough. That ban was from pvp logging which isn't really a actual ban or at least counts as one IMO. We could give him a chance, it's not like he gets a special perk that gives him teleportation or a power he can abuse. He has all the qualities listed above so therefore he could be a Slicer if we give him the chance.

Ronshaud

Slicer
tl;dr hackers and xrayers don't need more chances.
Here is how I would put it: Everyone needs a second chance no matter the situation. If you hacked you would prob also want a second chance. We've given him one and he has done better ever since. Like I said earlier: he has all the quailities of a Slicer. We learn from mistakes, but we need to learn to stop living in the past.

Ronshaud

Slicer
That's very idealistic of you. Everyone, you say? No matter the situation?

Perhaps we ought to release the entire United States prison population. Give 'em all second chances.

Or perhaps the next time the Kurdish Peshmerga capture a member of ISIS, they should just let 'em go so they can go back to throwing homosexuals off of buildings, burning prisoners alive, and selling women into slavery. Because doesn't everyone deserve a second chance?

No, Ron, not everyone deserves another chance. Arbitrarily handing out free passes helps no one.
Who said we had to bring reality into this? I'm talking via Minecraft. If nobody on Loka wasn't given a second chance, most of us probably wouldn't even be here. Why not give this guy a chance. Yes he hacked; "Last Year" mid-2014, but that's the past. I'm judging from his experience and behavior as of now(the present).

Ronshaud

Slicer
I invite you to give me one example of someone besides a former hacker or xrayer who wouldn't be on the server right now if they hadn't been given a second chance by the admin team.
I know damn sure I wouldn't be here if I weren't given that second chance.

Ronshaud

Slicer
Ron, when were you "given a second chance by the admin team"? To my knowledge you've only ever been tempbanned.
I was accepted back wasn't I? Sounds like a second chance to me; for all we know, it could have been permanent.

MasterAegon

Slicer
Def was banned for a multitude of reasons and given a second chance then became a Guardian for his knowledge and potential to provide for the server. Andre was also pardoned for his actions and let's face it, he caused a disaster and was one of the most notorious raiders on Loka.

Frankly put, all bans are not final. They are evaluated and determinations are made over time. East hasn't made waves and has acknowledged all infractions, taking necessary steps to learn the rules in detail and not break them anymore. He runs most every action through leadership at this point.

Unfortunately, both you and I are way too close to this to make a sound judgement. He's in my town and you simply hate him because he's raided and killed you so much. You can't pretend for a second that you're not being emotional about it. Therefore there is no further debate to be had. It is up to Crypt whether or not a player deserves a promotion to slicer which is nothing but an honorary rank to show veteran status anymore.

MasterAegon

Slicer
It wasn't ad hominem, it was a simple fact because you and yours have had a lot of run-ins with East. Sarcasm isn't necessary either. No one is attacking anyone.

However, your disagreement with a policy does not change its existence. Nor is it necessary for this elaborate discussion to take place putting East on trial because he was nominated for promotion to slicer. I believe things like this are made into a much bigger deal than necessary. You've made your point and so has everyone else.

Ronshaud

Slicer
I didn't know he played mid 2014. Has he really played that long? Or was he still banned during the summer so that's why he wasn't playing?
Whenever I was In living in Dellsmite, that's how long. Basically the first time I joined Dellsmite. Thatz when he hacked, mid-2014 I wouldn't really say over the summer though because he was on the EastBowmen account during the summer.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

Repeating the past would be keeping all players permabanned. It's exactly learning from our past that's why we decided to remove the hardline "All bans are final" rule.

I don't know about you, but I became a Sentry because Crypt thought I could do the job. I didn't need a "second chance".

You may not've needed a second chance but it took a long time for us to be comfortable with giving you your first chance. You can take that however you like.

According to Crypt and Def himself, he was banned for encouraging new players to leave the server.
As I said, he wasn't banned for breaking an actual rule.

Whether the "actual rule" existed in stone, he was still permabanned from the server and later unbanned. The existence of a concrete rule does not belie that Def was given a second chance.

Andre is completely inactive, so he still wouldn't be on the server if he hadn't been given a second chance.
Yet he was still given a second chance and made a memorable RP event out of it, however ephemeral his return was.

There's enough proof that giving people second chances has made Loka a better place, and not a worse one.

Why ISIS had to come into this thread is troubling, to say the least

Ronshaud

Slicer
Ron claimed that everyone should get a second chance, regardless of the circumstances. I provided him with an apt example as to why that's a ridiculous sentiment, and how you choose to interpret that is up to you.
Once again, via Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.