DeceitfulPear for Guardian

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by DeceitfulPear, Nov 30, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeceitfulPear

DeceitfulPear Well-Known Member Guardian

Current rank: Sentry

Which rank you are applying for: Guardian

What you think is expected of this rank: The very best. It is the highest rank one can have whilst still taking part in almost every feature available to the server. You must be able to put personal feelings aside whilst dealing with disputes and the various reports. You also have to have a perfect, if not NEAR perfect, recollection of all server rules. I also believe that taking any rank is a sacrifice and you have to be able to sacrifice your own fun and time to make sure that other players can also have their own fun, be it needed with bug helps, player disputes, or general questions. I do think that some things should be left to lower ranks just so they can have their own time to shine and do their jobs. Obviously must help if no one else is able to though.

One could honestly go on and on about what is expected of this role but I personally feel the previous points are of the most importance.

Why you think you should become this rank: cough cough Voted best Sentry cough cough

Quite simple, I believe I embody all of the qualities I stated above. I am able to put personal feelings aside to help players, and have done so in the past. I continue to be active on the forums and discord server

I have encouraged a few players to apply for various positions on the Dev team and continue to support the idea of more players giving back to the server. I wish to inspire more people to just enjoy and create on Loka to expand the community. It may be giving myself too much credit but I believe I have been able to help prevent issues before they occur and enjoy hearing everyone's side of the story on things and doing whatever I can to make sure that any judgement is fair and to explain why that course of action was taken.

Lately I have simply been feeling like taking a step back and just doing more for the everyday Lokan. I am often sent personal reports from people that I can't act upon myself since I am only a Sentry. I may have only been playing a short time in comparison to other Guardians but I believe all these reasons prove I am deserving and show that I truly want to give more to Loka.

tack on anything I said in my sentry app too, I don't want this to be too long as I tend to do
    Also I want to stalk people in /v please give me it
    When you started playing on the server: December 2016. Became fully active February 2018

Time zone: EST

How often do you play (hours a day/week): Really fluctuates from week to week. Around 4 hours give or take on weekdays and weekends can be anywhere from 4 to 8 hours each day depending on classwork/general life.

Reddew98 likes this.
  2. Qfu

Qfu Member

+6999999 !! !! #! !##! #!
    DEMOTED ME FROM OWNER BUT STILL A DAD!! <<3 XOOXO

Xlan likes this.
  3. Sparky___

Sparky___ Active Member Guardian

In the few months I have known Pear, it has been very clear that he is quite qualified for Guardian and this is something I have been anticipating for some time indeed. Pear had a somewhat unofficial role as a mediator in the Elysian Pact when tensions would run high during some discussions and I think that highlights how capable he is of analyzing all sides of a situation. I certainly believe he has the required temperament to be Guardian as a result.

ModernMozart1787 likes this.
  4. catfishjw

catfishjw Active Member

+1 I wanna be stalked in /v

5. Steve5729

Steve5729 Active Member

Yes absolutely yes. Pear is one of the nicest and most down to earth people I've ever met. He lays the facts like they are in a tactful way. I also think it'd be good to have Pear be a guardian for the sake of having a guardian that was / is on the opposing side of the covenant. (I'm unsure where his alignment sits right now. Probably neutral.) I know he wanted to stay in Firsthold so that Sovngarde / Best in the West had a staff member to be around. If this becomes the case again having a Guardian be there would definitely be the next best step.

6. Xlan

Xlan Member

The amount of time that I have been forced to be in the presence of this man is unbearable, but he's pretty neat. Super reasonable guy who has an amazing passion to want to improve this minecraft server. (play.lokamc.com Play Today!) uhhhhhh pretty okay, but honestly not that great facial hair. A guardian with some hair would be nice for a change tho. I'd give him a high five if I saw him in person. As Sparky said tho, Pear has always been good with dealing with conflicts even in alliances as dysfunctional as EP :) ;););):):):):cool::cool::cool::p:p:p

7. OtakuBookWorm

OtakuBookWorm Active Member Sentry

+1 Pear has always been a respectable sentry, and I believe he would make an amazing guardian. He is always calm and collected when dealing with people, but also has his silly times sometimes.

8. ExplodingBull

ExplodingBull New Member

+1 pair is so big he would be such a good mans

9. Thanius_

Thanius_ Active Member Sentry

Pear is always someone I've thought of as a responsible and clever guy, someone you can talk to and have a fun time with without them judging the hell out of you, he's an absolutely perfect candidate for Guardian +1

10. ReformedPheonix

ReformedPheonix New Member

11. Aressem

Aressem New Member

+1 big strapping young lad ;)

12. Opyc

Opyc Active Member Sentry

-1 I'll lose a sentry to hang out with :(.

DeceitfulPear likes this.
  13. ArcherSquid

ArcherSquid Active Member

took over ascalon then dipped +1

14. jmeatball

jmeatball Member

+1 Pear has got to be one of my favorite guys to ever have fought with. He knew when to be brutally honest and when to award doing well and he's all around an even-tempered, just kind of guy. Definitely deserves Guardian.

Thanius_ likes this.
  15. Silver91105

Silver91105 Active Member

+1. Let's go for a non-covenant guardian?

16. Inapplicable

Inapplicable Member

yes pear is a good

17. CashmereDogs

CashmereDogs New Member

18. Thanius_

Thanius_ Active Member Sentry

Alright I feel the need to say something about this, just because someone outside of the covenant is applying for Guardian shouldn't mean that you +1 them, I get that a lot of the admins are in the covenant and people feel as if there should be a balance, I agree that there should be a balance so there's less possibility for bias but just because someone isn't in the covenant applies, it shouldn't be a reason on its own for them to get Guardian, Pear is an absolutely wonderful guy and has so many more reasons other than that to contribute to why he should be Guardian, he should be recognised and recommended for those reasons, not others.

19. Silver91105

Silver91105 Active Member

I agree, I was just making a joke about how he is good for the job and not in the covenant.

koi0001 likes this.
  20. koi0001

koi0001 Active Member

Nah I stand by the Ascalon Assassin, we need a non covenant admin

Silver91105 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.